Oneida Rustic Lakeside Resort is located on an island approximately 5 kilometers south of Kenora, on the Lake of the Woods, Canada. The island is accessed by a short, comfortable, 8 minute boat ride. Your journey follows one of the marked navigation routes that provide shelter from the winds and offers a picturesque view of cottage country.
Oneida is situated at the mouth of the Keewatin Channel, which is locally known as "The Walleye Factory", and is set in amongst the 14,000 islands and 65,000 miles of shoreline that make up the Greater Lake of the Woods. Along the northern shore is the town of Kenora, Ontario, which is 2 hours from Winnipeg, Manitoba and 3 hours from International falls, Minnesota.
Some of the island's many amenities include:
- walking trails
- meadow playground field
- 3 sand beaches
- stairways and boarded walkways
There is a main lodge and dining hall with a kitchen for your use, forward sitting room with fireplace, and bedrooms and storage on the second floor. There are central washrooms with modern showers, 2 gathering halls, 2 storage garages, and utility buildings.
The resort features 22 sleeping cabins, all of which are situated the lakeshore. They offer a 400 amp electrical service with comfortable electric heat for chilly evenings.
The island boasts a recently constructed, large 2-stall boat port with crib foundations and a large landing/sitting deck, along with 2 secondary docks near sand beaches.
- Kenora Airport
- Winnipeg International Airport
- International Falls Airport
- Port of Kenora Seaplane Base
- Call Customs Border Services (800) 461-9999.
- Canpass System provides a call ahead service for aircraft.
- Border Crossings are located at International Falls, the Warroad area, and Morris, Manitoba.
- Boats and taxis are available in Kenora.
- There are 6 nearby marinas with seasonally rented boat docking and car parking.
- The Greyhound Bus Depot is accessible by boat.
- We can arrange pick up service to bring you to your island resort home.